The most important and essential element that your garage door has is the rollers. The role of the rollers is it makes the connection between the tracks and the doors, allowing a trouble-free functioning. Garage door rollers also help your garage door to roll smoothly in the horizontal tracks as well as the vertical tracks. Moreover, the rollers prevent the garage doors from binding every time the door is closed or opened. So it is very important to fix your garage door rollers whenever there is a bit of a problem in their functioning. It is very important to know how to fix garage door rollers, or else there might be an adverse effect if things go wrong.
Why does a garage door go off-track?
The most common factors that lead the garage rollers to come off the tracks are:
- When the tracks are loosened- The bolts that hold the tracks sometimes get loosened due to the vibration caused by the garage doors.
- When the track gets damaged– If the tracks get damaged or bent due to some external force, it can lead the rollers to come out of the tracks.
- Lack of lubricant and accumulation of dirt- If the tracks aren’t lubricated at regular intervals or if dirt accumulates over time, both can make a situation where the rollers get off the track.
- External force and impacts- When accidentally your vehicle hits your garage doors, it can also throw the rollers off the track.
How to fix garage door rollers that have gone off-track?
The following are the tips that you need to follow to fix your garage door rollers:
- STEP 1: Disconnect the power from the motor to enable the manual operation of the roller
- STEP 2: Align the roller to the spot where they had jumped off.
- STEP 3: With a pair of pliers, open the track and guide the roller to its place.
- STEP 4: Hammer the track into shape using a mallet.
- STEP 5: Open and close the door a few times to check the repair.
- STEP 5: Reconnect the power to the motor.
By now, you have got a brief idea as to what are the basic ways you can fix your garage doors rollers. It is always wise to appoint a professional to do the safe as they are more efficient in their job. The best one among all is the technicians from Las Vegas Best Garage Door Repair; they will give you the best services and assistance at your convenience.
How can I prevent the rollers from going off track?
You can perform some simple maintenance work regularly to prevent the garage door rollers from going off track, like:
Check the roller to be in place every now and then, ensuring that they are in the right place and also the track is free from any kind of debris.
It is always good to apply some lubricant from time to time, and this keeps the rollers smooth.
What should I do if I find the track damaged by some external force?
If the tracks get damaged or bent due to some type of external force, it can lead the rollers to come out of the tracks. As soon you identify any issue with your garage door rollers, you are aware of what is to be done next. At this point, you should hire a professional who can take care of the repairs.